Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Interviews



So I have a music education degree. I didn't get h
ired last year for various reasons, but that turned out okay because now I have time to take care of my Rollie. However, the family needs a steady source of income, so I need to go back to work in the fall. This does not break my heart at all, I finally be doing what I always wanted from the very start of college and I'm existed to try my hand at directing bands. I LOVED my student teaching, I hope that I will find a position like that one.
I'm starting the interviewing process this week and to tell the truth I'm dead scared. A lot has happened in my life since last May and I don't know if I'm going to come off as passionate or as knowledgeable as I was then. I haven't really thought about music, teaching, or pedagogy since my recital in June. Mom says that when I start to talk about it and the reality of the job prospects sets in that the passion will come back, but I'm a worry wart.
Wish me luck this weekend at Chino and in Tucson!!

No comments:

Post a Comment